*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890279-Segway-Silliness
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#890279 added August 18, 2016 at 8:14pm
Restrictions: None
Segway Silliness?
PROMPT: Berlin, Germany
         Huh, that train trek in the wee hours of the morning was an eye-opener. Really, I didn't sleep a wink at all. My fellow backpackers are an entertaining bunch. It was one big slumber party minus the slumber, and the pyjamas. Everyone seems to be a storyteller, imagine that. We all seem to be enjoying our adventure. Whatever we can stuff into our knapsacks and memories is carefully preserved.
          At the Marriott Berlin Hotel, I am quick to head to the indoor pool. Yeah, I'll admit I was feeling a bit fatigued, but there was no way I was going to crash in a bed. I needed a pick me up before my pick me up. My plan worked. The swim was invigorating. Paired with a heavenly cup of steaming coffee, I was as awake as I could be for the Berlin tour. Oh, I also spent some alone time with paper and markers to create a surprise for my posse.
          Apparently, Lyn's a Witchy Woman arranged a second coming of the Segway. Once wasn't enough. My balance and I, on precarious terms at the best of times, were re-matched with an electric Human transporter, a scooter-like device. A Segway crows that it provides a smooth transition from one place to another, well okay, my own two feet have never made this claim. I was still a little leery of the self-stabilising part. I can spell equilibrium, but I don't possess, or harness it.          
Our Segway instructor/troubleshooter/guide needn't have worried about a Segway stampede. I managed to teeter in tight circles, and no, it wasn't intentional. In a wobbly line, the best I could steer my stuttering and sputtering Segway, I narrowly avoided SB Musing who seemed to be aiming at walls. It's a good thing she didn't have my stubborn beast because she dislikes being dizzy.I was impressed with Apondia 's wrangling, but then again she is a rider of horses. Before, we scooted off on our tour, I approached several of my backpackers and slapped them on the helmet for good luck. No, it was not a hard slap, but hey, we were a bit foggy. Actually, this move permitted me to attach my surprise to a few helmets. I thought we needed our own colours, or symbols, after all we were a roving gang of sorts. To Fivesixer 's brain bucket I stuck a picture of a bright yellow happy face flippin' the finger. On 💙 Carly 1967}'s helemy I stuck a bold black 'EH?'. For {suser;sarama} I drew a lovely skull and crossbone insignia. Kit got a big red letter 'L', a learner symbol for new drivers in England. Sorry, WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 , your stick figure is meant to be Antonio Banderas...how could i capture his total awesomeness? My helmet has a red German word, 'ACHTUNG', on it. I feel it is only fair to warn the locals.
          Amazingly, we all survived the cantankerous Segways. Our guide, Tobi, made frequent stops without rolling his eyes too many times. There were times when I wished my Segway came equipped with a warning bell, or a horn. Wow, the Gendarmenmarkt was beautiful with its Deutscher und Franzosischer Dom, or the german and french cathedrals. I wish we had seen it decorated for Christmas.
          The Brandenburg Gate is a monument dedicated to peace, and it is an entry to Unter den Linden , a boulevard of linden trees. We could no longer see the original Berlin Wall that existed as a barrier to divide the city of Berlin. It was demolished in 1992. The Berliner Mauer stood from 1961 to 1989.
          Abendessen, or supper was served in a fantastic revolving restaurant, The Sphere, atop the Berlin TV Tower. Wow! We had to ride an elevator to access it. Dining in the clouds, 679 feet up. The first thing I noticed was the huge windows. The breathtaking cityscape was spectacular as promised. I never had to swivel my head to see the scenery. The strasse were sparkly. My salmon was delicious, but I really enjoyed my kuchen, black forest cake. vacation desserts are the best! Once again our motley crew imbibed bier/beer and wine. Why not? Bubbly spirits for our high spirits. We raised a toast, Ein Prosit, to our fearless tour guide, Lyn's a Witchy Woman . It felt grand laughing and chatting on top of the world. Gute Nacht!

© Copyright 2016 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890279-Segway-Silliness