*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890218-Greatest-Secrets-in-Unlikely-Places
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#890218 added August 18, 2016 at 12:52am
Restrictions: None
Greatest Secrets in Unlikely Places
Prompt: "Watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." - Roald Dahl
Do you agree with this statement?


===========

Absolutely. This quote first directs its message to Arts and then to life or rather the art of living in general

True art is a skill that one never ever stops learning and refining. Almost any art is extremely humbling and inspiring, and the humility in the artist makes him or her to search for what is secretly beautiful in every object or subject, alive or not living.

In our case, the urge to write, the subjects we write about, and the wonderful quality of our writers should be watched “with glittering eyes” because very often I come across really good work right here in Writing.com, which should make top publishing houses envious. No, I am not buttering up anybody, although I might be just a tad biased toward WdC's writers.

Sometimes I read an e-book or a printed book from the library or a bookstore, and that book falls short of the quality of some of the work our members here produce. Especially when I think that so many people who work toward that publication aside from the writer, I truly appreciate our gems in the raw. And Writing.com is a site that is a mixture of novice and advanced talent, which some people may consider as the scratch pad of all the wannabes of the world. I admit we have that, but we also have really excellent writers here, even if not all their work may not be up to par, but then nobody’s is, famous or not. In any case, a writer’s talent is best judged by his or her top quality work.

Other than writing, when we look around we see that most anything is secretly beautiful, even those everyday things we take for granted. Take a good look at a rock, at a weed, at the dumps, and you’ll see the hidden beauty for design, for history, for memory, for narrative, for emotion, for humor. The process of choosing what can be cherished can amaze a person because what we love always keeps changing, like a child’s most beloved toy that is now broken and thrown in the garbage bin.

If we look carefully and find the secrets hidden in anything, we can fall in love with it. It could be a flower, a tree, a cloud, the lisp or the limp of a challenged person, the wrinkles in an old man’s face, the eyes of a large bird, or the forked tongue of a serpent. This may be because when we look carefully and see the secret or the real beauty in anything, we can connect with it and appreciate it and be thankful that it exists in our world.

Then, all in all, we can see the secret in living and fall in love with life itself. How could we not fall in love if we have learned to look and find the essence and the beauty in everything!

© Copyright 2016 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890218-Greatest-Secrets-in-Unlikely-Places