*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889906-Vivacious-Verona
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#889906 added August 17, 2016 at 1:21pm
Restrictions: None
Vivacious Verona
PROMPT: Nine hour walking tour of Verona, Italy...
         Sleeping is over rated. I'm having too much fun to worry about some shut eye. My roomies share the best stories. If I don't want to miss anything, I must keep my eyes and ears open. Sometimes, it's as if I'm livin' la vida loca; full throttle with plenty of laughs.
          Wine and coffee have fuelled my trip so far. The occasional pastry and nibble of decadent chocolate helps to perk me up.
          Today, my trusty sneakers were put to the test. Up and down the streets and piazzas of Verona we sauntered, strolled, skipped, and day-deamed. This city is magical.From the Colle di San Pietro, the views were breathtaking. The story of Romeo and Juliet comes to glorious life.It's easy to suppose the river is as it always was, meandering near the stone walls.
         wow, the ampitheatre is enormous. Apparently, the acoustics support opera or rock and roll. Enjoying music under the stars must be heavenly.
         The different plazas we explored are fantastic for people-watching. Throngs gather to snap souvenir camera shots, dine, and shop. The air hums with voices. Each plaza is special. The Piazza Bra is the largest plaza in Verona, and like its sister spots, wonderful pictures may be snapped here. Tourists vie for the perfect backdrop.There is constant activity and movement. People pass in blurs of muted colours. Surprisingly, i espy a garden of cedars and pines, trees from home.
         The Piazza delle Erbe, or Square of Herbs is another bustling area with a large courtyard, fabulous photogenic fountains, and a marketplace. The call and banter of the customers and sellers is a constant.. I forgo a stop for lunch. The thought of horse or donkey meat doesn't appeal to me. I've sampled sweet, cold gelato, and pungent fromaggio/cheese. I'm unaware of time passing. I am enthralled and captivated. As I've said before, my senses are intoxicated. The scenery is stunning.
          My tired feet appreciate a leisurely supper at Ristorante Enoteca Cangrande. This is a perfect celebration of an exceptional day. Il vino needs to be sipped slowly and savoured.My taste buds are titillated by pumpkin ravioli. Huh, I usually sample my pumpkin in pie form. Dining on the lovely terrace allows me to stare at other diners. I laugh when SB Musing } laments that we may only drool and ogle the Italian men; no petting or pinching is permitted. They and we indulge in some harmless flirting. Il vino seduces us subtly. Laughter erupts often and freely. In Verona, we are all vivacious.

© Copyright 2016 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889906-Vivacious-Verona