*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889773-Salivating-over-all-things-Italian
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#889773 added August 17, 2016 at 1:24pm
Restrictions: None
Salivating over all things Italian
Prompt : Day 11 of backpacking through Europe.

Buon giorno Riviera . .. full day adventure...
          Okay, I packed my swimsuit, and my sneakers, so I'm prepared for basking , and strolling,climbing , gamboling , whatever . My sunglasses never seem to leave their perch on my nose. The weather has been glorious , sunny and warm. Lyn booked the Cinque Terre tour, and I explored many quaint fishing villages lucky enough to border the Riviera. Today, I traversed the countryside via vehicle, train, bus, boat, and also under my own power. It was not a day for sitting idly.
         Our first village, Riomaggiore featured pastel-coloured houses clinging to a cliff, and cobble - stoned streets . I envy the residents their million-dollar view; the harbour is picturesque with the azure sky and turquoise ocean.
         I hiked the Via dell 'Amore , a trail that connects Riomaggiore and Manarola .Again, I marvelled at the brightly painted homes springing from the cliffside as if they'd sprung forth from seeds. There is a definite Medieval flair/ambiance. It seems timeless and torn from a history book. I can easily see grapes harvested and wine created the same way for centuries.
          Oh, I thoroughly enjoyed my sea-faring cruise to Monterosso. The salty air was brisk and refreshing with scattered sea drops. The sun was so warm. Of course, I'd worked up an appetite , and anytime is pasta time. I am eating my way across Europe. I recommend seafood and pasta. The sea water felt incredible as it lapped at and caressed my skin. Not only does this ocean appear fantastic with its jewel- tone turquoise blue, it soothes the soul. I was content to splash and then float languidly without a care. Time ceased to exist. Yes, there was one teeny tiny glitch. Saltwater burns my eyes. I'm a freshwater gal. Reluctantly, I departed this heaven on earth to explore Verna and stroll amongst terraced olive groves. All of today's scenery was heartstoppingly gorgeous. This must be paradise.
         Stomach grumbling reminded me it was time to join SB Musing } at an authentico Italian restaurant she'd discovered, Trattoria Sastanza. She and I share a passion for pasta and people-watching. Well, we were out right staring and salivating at times. The Italian opposite sex is super sexy; tall and dark like we prefer our coffee. As my British mother-in-law shared ," he can eat crackers in my bed anytime, and park his shoes under my bed." SB Musing also extolled the virtues of the statue, David. As she explains it, she worked up an appetite for all things Italian as she ogled, drooled, and fondled the smooth white marble muscles. I know what she means! Buono notte!






© Copyright 2016 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889773-Salivating-over-all-things-Italian