*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889604-More-Monaco
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#889604 added August 9, 2016 at 4:41pm
Restrictions: None
More Monaco
Prompt: more of Monaco
         I was loathe to leave my comfy bed ce matin . Only the persistent growling in my stomach convinced me to rise. Sea air and strolling do spark an appetite. For petit dejeuner, I ordered cafe au lait, jus d'orange, and croissants; my breakie of champions.
         The first group tour of the day took us to Prince Rainier's antique car collection; beaucoup des d'autos/voitures. My hubby is the classic car buff. He's lovingly restored many motor vehicles, including the models known as the Riviera and the Monaco. I prefer the vintage, elegant sedans. This museum was a testimate to man's fascination with speed. There was no shortage of chrome And gleeming metal.
         Apres lunch, we embarked upon a helicopter tour ; haha, it was a flying squirrel. Up in that vast blue sky, time was suspended as was I. I soared and swooped with my bird 's eye view of the incredible
French Riviera. The turquoise was exquisite.
         Next we ventured for a bicycles/bicyclettes tour . I'm not going to lie, the Queen song 'Fat-bottomed Girls' was repeating on a loop in my head. My ample posterior has not balanced precariously on a teeny tiny saddle in years.
Balance or the lack of it also troubled me. Yes, it is an old saying. Once you master riding a bike you never forget. My muscles didn't get this memo, or more likely they ignored it. They and I never thought we'd be reunited in this manner . So, we wobbled, and we weaved . All I remember is past crashes . My coordination has not improved with age. Oh, I gamely huffed and puffed, pedalled and pushed that bike around Nice . That bike and I got real intimate. Another little ditty tormented me with its possibility , 'You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel.' When I stopped to wipe the sweat from my eyes , I actually swooned at the stunning scenery. Our guide, Lucy, led a leisurely pace, bless her.
         At La Brasserie de Monaco , I gratefully sipped l'eau/water while others imbibed beer. It was a cheerful, noisy place full of joie de vivre.
         Je faim, I was famished, balky bike wrestling works up an appetite. Woohoo ,italian , my faourite!! Il Terrazzino was a friendly vibrant restaurant of bright colours . The yellows, oranges , blues, and greens popped . What better venue to talk loudly and laugh with abandon? People and pasta....bellisima!

© Copyright 2016 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889604-More-Monaco