*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889254-Baile---the-dance-of-fire
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#889254 added October 5, 2016 at 9:02pm
Restrictions: None
Baile , the dance of fire
Day 4 Hola Barcelona
         Yawn, stretch... this manana's desayuno , or breakie if you prefer was a welcome cup of coffee. It and the sing -songy "buenos dias. Como estas?" served to wake me up. Sigh, hasta la Vista Madrid. Acaban de abordar el tran para Barcelona . Basically, I was leaving on a train, not a jet plane.
         I love train treks . It is so comfortable and leisurely. The European trains and their schedules are far superior to their Canadian cousins. Train travel here is not an after thought . At home, vehicles are the preferred mode of people propellers . Of course, I chatter with my blogging buddies , and try not to press my nose to the windows . There is so much to see, I'm afraid to blink.
         Three hours passes quickly. Barcelona is beckoning. I wasted no time hopping onto the double-decker bus, opting to ride al fresco. Yep, I know this pertains to outdoor dining, but you get my point. Wow! This city is a bustling, teeming sea of humanity . The colours, the smells the sounds are so vibrant . My eyes are feasting, and again I dread a blink.This place is perfect for people-watching.
         I disembark to meander and stroll. My ears are attracted to the language teasing them. Damn, everything sounds so appealing, exciting, sexy, naughty, in other words delicious. Las Ramblas is a huge outdoor market, a pedestrian mall nestled in a central tree -lined boulevard. The vendors call to me with their caressing cadence. They are so charming. The street performers are fun and intriguing. Imagine portraying a breathing statue of Galileo . I liked the Miro street art, a circular painting, a tile mosaic of vivid red, blue and yellow. Anyone up for a game of Twister ? This street for strollers and amblers is wonderful .
          ▪I checked out La Segrada Familia by Gaudi . Another beautiful basilica .The spires and stonework are incredible. Difficult to comprehend it is a work in progress , and has been since 1926. How many Spaniards does it take??
         After a day of rambling. I anticipated the eating and the dancing. Bonus..
I could stuff my face, and then burn the clingy calories . WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 💙 Carly SB Musing Apondia and {suser:Winnie We Got This!} salieron a bailar despues de la cena . Okay, okay...dancing after supper. I researched the flamenco...it's name may have been derived from fie and flame.It is a traditional song and dance of the Andalusian gypsies. Originally, it was not set to music. It was called "toque de palmas. " Huh, if I put this toque on my head, the locals would call me loco, because here it is a guitar. Flamenco requires palmas or hand clapping and pitos or finger snapping. I think I could handle that!
         Esmeralda, our instructor wore a black bolero, a Zorro-style hat. Her dancing, was so impassioned, dramatic, controlled, and deliberate. Her arms displayed regal flair. Her stomping feet were a blur, and her fingers clashed those castanets.
         Oh, I was willing to flamenco, but I was under -dressed in shorts and a t-shirt. Alas, I did not have a skirt or dress, an el estido, to flaunt, flap, flounce, swish, sashay, snap, swirl, or twirl. The dress is part of the performance. SB Musing dared me to snatch a red tablecloth from our table, and knot it around my waist. I never ignore a dare! I stomped and waved my expressive arms with flair. Ole!!
         This dias was delectable and delicious. My arms might find holding a pencil, or lapiz a wee bit daunting tonight. Maybe I can scribble my journal entry with my toes.....Buenos noches amigos!

© Copyright 2016 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889254-Baile---the-dance-of-fire