*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889087-Inspiracion---Inspiration--viva-Las-musas
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#889087 added August 2, 2016 at 8:42pm
Restrictions: None
Inspiracion / Inspiration viva Las musas
Prompt : August backpacking Across Europe....Pack your backpack and familiarize yourself with staying at hostels. Have you ever done this before? What do you think they are like? Have you traveled in Europe before, what was it like if you have? If you haven't what are you hoping to explore?
          I feel somewhat like Dora the Explorer......."map, map, backpack, backpack." Am I excited about this train trek? Si, si, mucho! This is a first for me, I'm a Europe virgin. My bucket list is extremely long with Europe receiving five stars. Wow, Spain! There's everything muy bien with a country that produced Antonio Banderas! Sultry Spanish caresses the ears, and mine are ready.
         Since I'll be lugging my knapsack everywhere , I don't want it to be overly heavy. Only the basic of essentials are accompanying me. I expect I can launder undies and such in the hostels. Of course, I'll remember to bring my favourite t-shirts some of which will advertize that I'm Canadian. I'm expecting summer weather, so shorts and capris will be rolled into my bag along with a pair of jeans. Since I am Canadian and I know how fickle temperatures can be a fleece jacket, or maybe a hoodie is a practical idea. I live in flip flops or thongs, but I suppose I should pack a pair of sneakers; hiking is mandatory.
         I never leave home without a notebook or journal, and several pens. I anticipate writing and sketching my way. This is the era of electronics, and most hostels offer WiFi and internet services, so my cellphone will fit snugly into my pack. A picture is worth a thousand words, and my digital camera is multilingual. Hmm, the staff at hostels are also adept with different languages. I can't wait to learn more of the lingo . Oh wait, I must bring my passport. Hmm, a credit and a debit card are important, and light to carry. Perhaps I should bring some Canada-themed pins with me, you know, spread awareness and all.
         Staying at hostels will probably be like camping, but with solid walls and a roof. Maybe I'll have to crash on the floor a few times, and if so, it'll be okay. Shelter of any kind will be welcome. I've been to camp's and retreats where I shared bedrooms and bathrooms. I imagine a hostel is all about sharing. I can do that! Cooking together is usually fun, and a great way to meet people and converse. Sirely, I won't be the only one who enjoys a good chin wag, and stories .
         I expect to eat my way across Europe. I haven't yet met cuisine I dislike, in fact, the spicier the better. Spain will not disappoint.
         I anticipate feeling awe and wonder when I see spectacular scenery. Europe is steeped in history and tradition . It should be nothing like Canada.Most of me travels through North America have been in cars and trucks, you know, driving. A train trek sounds intriguing. It'll be similar to The Orient Express?! Stretching my legs and talking at leisure sounds wonderful.
         Whoops, hold on a minute. I am a natural born klutz, and if I plan to trip through Europe it would be prudent to pack a first aid kit, and purchase some medical insurance.Not that this is a fantasy of mine, but a tour of European emergency rooms could be a change of pace, and a real eye opener.

© Copyright 2016 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889087-Inspiracion---Inspiration--viva-Las-musas