*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889020-A-Madrilenian-Tour
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#889020 added August 3, 2016 at 8:47am
Restrictions: None
A Madrilenian Tour
SECOND day of backpacking across Europe with "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS [13+]

I meet up with you guys. Great. I hope to get a chance to be acquainted over the little breakfast. A typical Spanish breakfast might include café con leche - strong coffee with hot, frothy milk, bollos (sweet rolls) with jam, toast with jam or mild cheese, or simply "Maria" crackers dunked in hot milk.



Then a visit to the Prado. The Prado Museum is Madrid's top cultural sight and one of the world's greatest art galleries. Located in the eponymous street, El Paseo del Prado, its dazzling display of works by the great European masters such as Velázquez, Goya, Raphael, Rubens, and Bosch (among other major Italian and Flemish artists), is housed in an 18th-century Neo-Classical building that opened as a museum in 1819.

The Prado Tour: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7Nmv8TQBHw

I totally love Hieronymus Bosch, since he is a Dutch painter. I never thought the Garden of Earthly Delights was this huge. It is so excitingly full of details, my head is spinning. *Crazy*

I loved the Segway tour too. I never saw a Segway before let alone use one and I struggled with my balance before I get the hang of it. But then…just fly away so very softly onto the streets of Madrid. Great architecture.

We stopped for a break because there is this typical flamenco street dance we just had to check out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYwO3aeBLtQ . I know I took a lot of pictures.

I really wanted to visit the rooftop bars Madrid is so famous of. Great views over the city. And we drank delicious sangrias and mojitos. And ate the famous tapas for lunch. Tapas are a wide variety of appetizers and snacks that take many forms. Often served with some kind of bread, you’ll get everything from jamon, salmon, fried octopus, olives, and sardines sometimes combined with different types cheeses, sauces, and random toppings.

Watch this spectacular 360 degrees panoramic view over Madrid. And some additional photos of the area. Stunning material. http://www.airpano.com/360Degree-VirtualTour.php?3D=Madrid-Spain

Then another highlight of mine: the Spanish food. I hoped we pick up a very nice little restaurant off the beaten path. And YES, I found the perfect place. I will take you on a culinary adventure in Restaurant DiverXo with Chef David Munoz. Dinner will never be the same. Enjoy. Not for the squeamish! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSzI_7lZ0Pc

After this delightful day, we headed off to our bunk beds. Have a good night sleep. Buenas noches.

Day TEN "Give It 100!

© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889020-A-Madrilenian-Tour