*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887972-if-loving-you-is-wrong-I-dont-wanna-be-right
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#887972 added February 2, 2017 at 9:54pm
Restrictions: None
if loving you is wrong I don't wanna be right
Prompt : War Chest Wednesday! Is there something wrong with always having to be right?
         Whoa, this is a loaded question for a big sister /wife /mother /grandmother! Many a reaction and a decision has been based upon my thinking I was unequivocally right. Now, I didn't always have to be right, there wasn't an ego seeking validation. I could handle, if it was absolutely needed, and proven more prudent , being wrong.
         Yes, I will admit that hubby and I have not always seen eye to eye, and it wasn't because of a great height difference. I was taught if you didn't have anything nice to say, then don't say a word; hold your tongue. Our disagreements were sometimes about who was right, or wrong. My argument style is to invoke the silent treatment. Words, especially spiteful, ill- spoken words can never be retracted, or denied. After thirty-eight years together, we're not worried about such trivialities. Compromise, and give and take are better for resolving conflict. I must mention that a magnet from our early wedded bliss still takes precedence on our fridge. It pictures a rooster and a hen with the caption: ' I'm the boss in this house, and I have my wife's permission to say so'.
          But seriously it is important to be right as in accurate. Math is more than just a series of numbers, math is vital. When doctors figure medicine dosages, the lives of patients are at stake. An incorrect number may mean the difference between consciousness and slumber for a surgery, or relief versus pain. Engineers configure weight restrictions for transportation, and bridges. The fuel capacity for all modes of transportation require intricate ratios . Accuracy is the key. Baking and cooking are based upon numbered measurements. Manufacturing wouldn't be possible without exact numbers. There is everything right with mathematics, it's always correct
.          All of this being said nobody likes a know-it - all . Some people cannot ever be seen as 'wrong'. They will never concede an argument. They will argue 'til they are blue in the face because they need to be right . They waste a great deal of effort and energy digging their trenches, and defending them.
         I'm a devoted Monty Python fan, and already I'm smiling. They have an infamous sketch re the futility and idiocy of arguments. A man enters an office, and asks another man seated behind a desk for the ten-minute argument, and so they begin. The topics are irrelevant, the man is getting what he wanted. The desk person abruptly ends the fighting indicating the time is up. The indignant customer insists they'd only argued for five minutes, and thus they argue anew. Of course, they argue as to whether the original agreement was for the ten or five-minute argument. They even bicker like two kids. "Yes you did." "No I didn't."
         On a side note/digression my sparring partner and I shall be celebrating our anniversary on the 22nd. I remember the song lyrics, ' if loving you is wrong I don't wanna be right.'

© Copyright 2017 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887972-if-loving-you-is-wrong-I-dont-wanna-be-right