*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887512-No-Im-not-a-twerp-er---tweep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#887512 added July 15, 2016 at 5:32pm
Restrictions: None
No I'm not a twerp, er , tweep
Prompt :Fun Fact Friday! On this day in 2006, the social networking service Twitter was publically launched . Do you use Twitter? What are your thoughts on it? If you don't tell us how you feel about social networking in 140 characters or less .
          I must admit that I consulted the online guru, Google seeking insight . Of course, I've heard of this networking platform. I'm just not a jostling commuter bouncing around on that frenzied ride. I have no desire to be a twerp, er , I mean a tweep . Haha! Imagine all the twitter peeps clucking and cooing as they preen their feathers, or ruffle a few.
          I found the come on ads to be funny. " Connect with your friends and other fascinating people. Get in -the-moment updates on the things that interest you. " Clearly, only the best and brightest tweet? Some so called updates are trivial and self-absorbed. # grabbing a Timmy's to go, Canadian coffee is the best. # rain rain go away, my perm dreads storms. # kissy kissy best buds forever. Yeah, I get it. "TWITTER is an online social networking service that enables users to send and read short 140-character messages called tweets." I prefer good ol' conversation, you know, phone calls. Yes, I do have and use a cellphone, no more land line for me.
          Apparently the CEO Jack Dorsey, attributed the name to this aha moment. " .... we came across the word 'twitter' and it was just perfect . The definition was ' a short burst of inconsequential information ', and ' chirps from birds'. And that's exactly what the product was." So the concept was created around the constant squawking of birds?? No matter, it is popular with a good many people.
          The brevity of the 140-character limit does serve a purpose. Nothing too taxing for the brain. Keep it simple short, and if at all possible, sassy . Just tease the reader. Provoke or praise. This reminds me of Weird Al ' s parody, This Song is Just Six Words Long. You have to stop and think.

© Copyright 2016 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887512-No-Im-not-a-twerp-er---tweep