*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887345-Another-One-Bites-the-Dust
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#887345 added July 13, 2016 at 8:32pm
Restrictions: None
Another One Bites the Dust
         Prompt :War Chest Wednesday! You're with your significant other and a song comes on that reminds you of an ex . What do you do?
          Some might be skeptical, but there aren't any significant exes for me or my hubby. We married at nineteen, and we've survived this union for almost thirty-eight years. Of course we remember seventies and eighties music fondly.
         Back in the day, or is that hey day, my hubby was a competitive figure skater. I teased him that he was able to touch girls and throw them around without censure. Wait a minute, he had many exes of a sort, and they were all skaters. He was busy partnering girls for pairs ' and dance tests, plus he had a few different partners for the competitions. Oh, he associates music with routines, and practices. There are probably names that he relates to songs, too. When our first child, a daughter, was born choosing a name was difficult. Too many girls' names left him with tainted memories. How often did I hear him say, " Nope, not that name. She was a bitch." Apparently bitches are attracted to the sport of figure skating, and they are in the snotty majority.
          I have one particular song that I associate with my husband, a Queen classic. Inevitably while painting a vehicle in our garage, he would begin singing this tune at the top of his lungs; passionately. He couldn't resist the powerful fumes from the auto paint; basically, he got stoned. I always knew he was finishing when he belted out 'Another One Bites the Dust'. Somewhat appropriate to mark a completed job, but in reality, autobody men do not like dust.

© Copyright 2016 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887345-Another-One-Bites-the-Dust