*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886762-JFK
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#886762 added July 7, 2016 at 9:07pm
Restrictions: None
JFK
Prompt:Wildcard Round! What's the first big news story you remember being aware of as a kid? ( For reference mine I think was John Lennon 's murder , and I was five years old.)
          Well this is going to classify us by age, that's for sure. I clearly remember my mother standing in front of the television set weeping and sobbing as if a dear family member had just died. She was inconsolable, and the tears streamed down her face. My first reaction was to run to her and hug her shaking legs. I had no idea what had made her so upset. All I felt was dread and helplessness. My Mom never ever cried like this.
         It was November 1963, and JFK had just been assassinated. I was only four years old. A murder let alone one of somebody serving as the President of the United States, was beyond my understanding. I still am struck by the intensity of my parent ' s grieving. We were a working class family living in Southern Ontario, Canada, and this was not a part of our political landscape.
         Five years later in 1968, my mother again grieved openly for the assassination of JFK'S brother, Bobby Kennedy .

© Copyright 2016 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886762-JFK