*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886577-Oh-Dear-Oh-Deer
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#886577 added July 5, 2016 at 7:42pm
Restrictions: None
Oh Dear, Oh Deer
Prompt:Talk Tuesday! How hard is it for you to get back into the swing of things after a long weekend?
         Oh, that swing never stops moving! Summer long weekends are a whirlwind of family barbecues and campfires, stories and laughter, swimming and boating, treks and concerts. If a Monday is the extra day, I lose track of the remainder of the week. I never shake a long weekend. They are usually memorable if not unforgettable .
         My family and I just celebrated Canada Day with three fireworks extravaganzas among other things. For us, it seemed as if it would be an accident - free holiday for once, but I became complacent.
         On the final evening of this past long weekend, we had an up close and personal experience with a deer. At dusk, our mini van and a running deer collided. Unfortunately, we both attempted to occupy the exact same stretch of back road at the same time with disastrous results. The magnificent mammal perished, and our van was battered and bruised. It was not our usual method of observing wildlife, and we had managed to avoid just such an encounter for twenty-three years.
         This only occurred because we wanted a shower, and we didn't relish waiting in a line of sweaty campers when our home shower was waiting for us across the lake. After the accident, my hubby just had to state the.obvious. "This was one expensive shower." It's true . We saved ourselves fifty cents.....
          A particularly painful long weekend still haunts me. My then eight-year old son experienced the discomfort of being trapped inside an army tank, and the unwanted attention of an off-duty crew of firemen perspiring over his rescue. I discovered that you really do meet the nicest people in the most bizarre places. Of course, I wrote about this and here's a link.
 Just One of Many "Christastrophes"  (13+)
An army tank,an 8-year old,several volunteer firemen,and one anxious Mom meet one day...
#1991734 by SandraLynn Team Florent!


© Copyright 2016 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886577-Oh-Dear-Oh-Deer