*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886516-Johan-Cruyff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#886516 added July 5, 2016 at 8:01am
Restrictions: None
Johan Cruyff
Prompt: Can you think of any characters that make your town, your state, or your country interesting? Can you talk about their personalities and what makes them stand out, in your opinion? Can you use them as characters in your stories? (BC)

An interesting character of The Netherlands, Johan Cruyff the internationally famous soccer player, died of lung cancer on March 24th at the age of 68 in Barcelona, Spain.



Apart from him being a gifted soccer player and eccentric coach he was famous for his Cruyffian quotes, his little-speak that is now incorporated into the Dutch language:

“Every disadvantage has its advantage.”
“Soccer is simple, but it is difficult to play simple.”
“You have got to shoot, otherwise you can't score.”
“Sometimes somethings got to happen before something is going to happen.”

If I need a character in my stories that changed the way we talk about sports and soccer then I would use Johan Cruyff as … Johan Cruyff..

There is Pele, there is Maradona, and there is Cruyff. The Lionel Messi of today. But you have to be a soccer fan to appreciate this.

When I traveled the world, the first thing people would say when they heard I was from The Netherlands? Ah…Johan Cruyff!
He was that famous throughout the world because of his genius and the way he changed Dutch and Spanish soccer forever.

** Image ID #2089337 Unavailable ** ** Image ID #2089336 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886516-Johan-Cruyff