*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886271-Emily--s-Bike
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#886271 added July 2, 2016 at 5:56pm
Restrictions: None
Emily ' s Bike
Prompt: Creation Saturday ! How are we gonna get to the bottom of this?
         Emily grinned. It had been one long year since she'd been to the family campsite, and her friends hadn't forgotten her. They had followed her Dad's car as he bumped down the dusty road, waving and pedaling their bikes. Now they were waiting for her to join them in a tour of the campground. There was just one puzzling problem; where was her bike?
         She was so sure that the bike would be parked in the shed, but all she could see was super-sized spider webs, fire wood, and a jumble of life jackets. Huh."Dad, did you see my bike?" Dad had his head buried in the car trunk, but Emily heard a muffled reply. "Check inside the trailer." She shrugged and thought, why not. Opening the screen door, Emily smelled a mustiness. Nope, no bike hiding in there, although her helmet hung on a peg.
         This was not what she had expected. Her camp comrades were growing restless;steering their wheels in tight circles. "Come on, Emily. Hurry up." Reluctantly, she promised to join them later.She didn't feel like running along side of them.
         As she helped to carry supplies into the trailer, her father suggested the bike could have been abandoned at another site. "But Dad, I rode it last week to and from school, remember?" This time it was his turn to shrug. Emily really wanted to ride her bike, but where was it?
         Bright and early the next morning before Emily awoke, her father returned home to search for the wayward bike. Eventually, he discovered it waiting in the garage. Scratching his head, he later questioned Emily. "Did you store your bike in the back garage?" Emily could only shake her head. Her big sister denied even touching her 'stupid bike'. How had the bicycle ended up in the garage? The most Emily ever did was fling it in the driveway with the wheels still spinning. It was a mystery. Emily wasn't concerned at all with the how or why. She was thrilled to be reunited with her bike and free to pedal with her pals; the details were trivial.
         Emily ' s father was confused. He wanted to know how he was gonna get to the bottom of this. Surely a meandering moose hadn't stopped at their rural home to practise pedaling a bike, and then thoughtfully stood it up against the garage wall. Had one of the browsing bears grown bored and bumbled onto the bike? Could one of the four family pooches have played with it? Was it a tripping hazard? Were they hiding it to prevent Emily from chasing them?
         Huh, some mysteries are bottomless .

© Copyright 2016 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886271-Emily--s-Bike