*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886238-Fairies-and-killers
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#886238 added July 2, 2016 at 10:16am
Restrictions: None
Fairies and killers
Prompt BC: sprites, cannibals, parasitic, sun, appalling and cranberry.

It’s cloudy and rainy as I am about to look at today’s prompt.



I am sad to say I never believed in sprites, as I now know that’s what you call fairies. I think it’s because I never read about them while growing up. I was fond of grown up books in my teens. And before that I read The Brothers Grimm.

I thought there were no fairies in those tales, but Google proved me wrong. At least one tale I never read before has fairies in the story.

Thirteen of them to be exact.

It’s in Briare Rose, an unknown fairy tale to me: “Now there were thirteen fairies in the kingdom; but as the king and queen had only twelve golden dishes for them to eat out of, they were forced to leave one of the fairies without asking her. So twelve fairies came, each with a high red cap on her head, and red shoes with high heels on her feet, and a long white wand in her hand: and after the feast was over they gathered round in a ring and gave all their best gifts to the little princess. One gave her goodness, another beauty, another riches, and so on till she had all that was good in the world.”

It’s beautiful!

What would have become of me if I had read that before I wonder? Would I have loved thrillers as much as I do now? Would I have been drawn to the twisted minds of urban cannibals? I now am doing research on (serial) killers as I have previously stated in my blog.

No pretty fairies here.

There is one story about a killer who ate his victims. It’s the story of Armin Meiwes a German man also known as the Rotenburg Cannibal or The Master Butcher. He achieved international notoriety for killing and eating a voluntary victim whom he had found via the Internet. After they jointly (!) eat the victim's severed penis, Meiwes killed his victim and eat a large amount of his flesh. Because of his acts, Meiwes is also known as the Rotenburg Cannibal or Der Metzgermeister (The Master Butcher).

It’s appalling to read about things like that. But it’s also a fact that because of its wacky nature people are drawn to these cases. Maybe to remind themselves that they are as normal as can be? It’s quiet interesting to follow up on a case like this one. I will look into it some further. I kind of feel a bit parasitic to introduce the story in the first place. But I have to get up close and personal with creeps like this in order to understand only a fraction of the nature of their crimes.

To balance it all I have to take off my mind on this gruesome subject. The sun is back so I am about to eat a sandwich with cranberry jam on my balcony and do some relaxing.

It’s weekend after all. *Smile*

© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886238-Fairies-and-killers