*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/885472-A-toast-on-coffee
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#885472 added June 23, 2016 at 8:38am
Restrictions: None
A toast on coffee
“Let us toast to animal pleasures, to escapism, to rain on the roof and instant coffee, to unemployment insurance and library cards, to absinthe and good-hearted landlords, to music and warm bodies and contraceptives... and to the 'good life', whatever it is and wherever it happens to be.” — Hunter S. Thompson

Writers and their cup of coffee. Sitting in front of a blank page, or screen, sipping, thinking, contemplating on what to write and how to do it.

I drink coffee a lot, it keeps me awake, alert and gives me reason to pause on a comma, a word or a phrase, My stomach must be brown on the inside. I have counted 10 to 15 mugs a day on an average day in front of the computer.

I have a coffee machine, it's red, it's working by the tip of my finger and it's easy. I like easy! I am not a technical wizzard, so the coffee maker, using pads, must be without effort to handle.

There is one tiny thing: its little red light to inform me to clean the cofee maker because of the calcic water. It confuses me. I read the instructions on how to clean the apparatus but I have to use something poisonous so I am reluctant to clean.

I have this idea that the white crystals are hazardous for your health. Cleaning with water after wards may not totally do the trick. So I wait and wait and don't clean the coffeemaker, up to the point where it's working less and less.

In the end I am more inclined to buy a new one.

© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/885472-A-toast-on-coffee