*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/883582-Choiceless-Awareness
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#883582 added June 1, 2016 at 11:03am
Restrictions: None
Choiceless Awareness
Can the experiencer, the self, totally cease?

A mind that would understand that which is true, that which is real, that which is good, or that which is beyond the measure of the mind, give it whatever name you like, must be empty, but not be aware that it is empty.

I hope you see the difference between the two. If I am aware that I am virtuous, I am no longer virtuous; if I am aware that I am humble, humility has ceased.

Surely that is obvious. In the same way, if the mind is aware that it is empty, it is no longer empty because there is always the observer who is experiencing emptiness.
So is it possible for the mind to be free of the observer, of the censor? After all, the observer, the censor, the watcher, the thinker, is the self, the 'me' that is always wanting more and more experience.

I have had all the experiences that this world can give me, with its pleasure and pain, its ambition, greed, envy, and I am dissatisfied, frustrated, shallow. So I want further experience on another level which I call the spiritual world, but the experiencer continues, the watcher remains.

The watcher, the thinker, the experiencer may cultivate virtue; he may discipline himself and try to lead what he considers to be a moral life, but he remains. And can that experiencer, that self, totally cease? Because only then is it possible for the mind to empty itself and for the new, the truth, the creative reality to come into being.

© Copyright 2016 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/883582-Choiceless-Awareness