*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/882949-Stop-it-youre-killing-me
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#882949 added May 24, 2016 at 8:07pm
Restrictions: None
Stop it, you're killing me
Prompt: Talk Tuesday! Are your favourite forms of entertainment (books, movies, television, music, etc . ) in line with your life's perspective , or are they another form of escapism ?
          Okay, I definitely do not like romance, fantasy, or science fiction in movies, books, or television . Oh, I'll admit I've watched Star Wars , Planet of the Apes, and Harry Potter, but they were not my first choice of entertainment . My cup of tea is a who-done-it, a murder mystery aka Agatha Christie. I also enjoy comedy. Is it strange that the British seem to excel at both these genres? Let's slash people and leave them in stitches.
         I suppose I prefer realism; actual characters, settings that exist, believable plots and actions. I identify with the perspectives of life and death, love and betrayal, joy and heartache , revenge, human frailties, humour and laughter. There is a logical cause and effect. I enjoy the plot twists, tantalizing clues, myriad motives, and the human psychology of a murder mystery. Crimes are punishable. I identify with the idea of right and wrong. People are capable of extremes. People can make fun of themselves. They are very real people, not aliens or supernatural creatures.
         Of course, my mundane life is free of murderers. My family, friends, and associates are an eclectic mix who keep me entertained. They all have their quirks, and make me laugh. I have heard the ominous words , "Stop it, you're killing me," though.
,

© Copyright 2016 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/882949-Stop-it-youre-killing-me