*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/881504-The-Life-Of
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#881504 added May 6, 2016 at 9:00pm
Restrictions: None
The Life Of.....
PROMPT: Take an inanimate object and give it life. Tell a story from its viewpoint.
         "I'm tellin' ya the trip was brutal. I felt every bump and pot hole in that airless truck. I couldn't breathe; it was so stifling and all my travelling companions smothered me. I'm sure I was battered and bruised. There was no light either. When the truck finally stopped, I tumbled into a giant bin. Again, I was squished. A grubby , grabbing hand threw me onto a rumbling conveyor belt under the stab of bright white lights. Everything was a blur. I felt a bit nauseous. I had no time to catch my breath before I found myself crumpled and cramped inside a narrow metal cell. I had no concept of time in my prison. The cool breeze was so refreshing and the sudden burst of light made me squint, but I was free. I'd been rescued! Without warning, I was wrenched from my cocoon with a violent ripping and tearing. The hand grasping me trembled, and I heard a soft sigh. I endured the jostling of several hands as I was shared and admired. I couldn't help puffing out my chest a wee bit. The fresh air felt marvelous, and I knew I was one of a kind. No other Mother's Day card could hold a candle to me."

© Copyright 2016 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/881504-The-Life-Of