*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/880150-What-is-the-purpose-of-creation
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#880150 added April 23, 2016 at 1:50pm
Restrictions: None
What is the purpose of creation?
Are you really interested in that?
What do you mean by `creation'?
What is the purpose of living?
Why do you exist, read, study, pass examinations?
What is the purpose of relationship - the relationship of parents and children, of husband and wife?
What is life?
Is that what you mean when you ask this question,
"What is the purpose of creation?"
When do you ask such a question?
When inwardly you do not see clearly, when you are confused, miserable, in the dark, when you do not perceive or feel the truth of the matter for yourself, then you want to know what is the purpose of life.

Now, there are many people who will tell you the purpose of life; they will tell you what the sacred books say.
Clever people will go on inventing various purposes of life.
The political group will have one purpose, the religious group will have another, and so on and on.
And how are you to find out what is the purpose of life when you yourself are confused?
Surely, as long as you are confused, you can only receive an answer which is also confused.
If your mind is disturbed, if it is not really quiet, whatever answer you receive will be through this screen of confusion, anxiety, fear; therefore the answer will be perverted.
So the important thing is not to ask what is the purpose of life, but to clear away the confusion that is within you.
It is like a blind man asking,
"What is light?"
If I try to tell him what light is, he will listen according to his blindness, according to his darkness;
but from the moment he is able to see, he will never ask what is light. It is there.

Similarly, if you can clarify the confusion within yourself, then you will find out what the purpose of life is; you will not have to ask, you will not have to look for it.
To be free of confusion you have to see and understand the causes which bring about confusion; and the causes of confusion are very clear.
They are rooted in the `me' that is constantly wanting to expand itself through possessing, through becoming, through success, through imitation; and the symptoms are jealousy, envy, greed, fear.
As long as there is this inward confusion, you are always seeking outward answers;
but when the inward confusion is cleared away, then you will know the significance of life.

© Copyright 2016 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/880150-What-is-the-purpose-of-creation