*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/877610-Internet-Indiscretion
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#877610 added March 27, 2016 at 5:41pm
Restrictions: None
Internet Indiscretion
PROMPT: The Sunday News! It's Easter Sunday! Share a fun story from your neck of the woods. If you're not celebrating Easter, share an interesting news happening. It's kind of an "open prompt" today.
         Recently, here in Canada, a young woman was caught exhibiting un-Canadian like behaviour outside one of our favourite institutions/haunts/coffee shops. Gasp, she dared to park her vehicle in a spot reserved for the handicapped! She committed this brazen, selfish act outside a Tim Horton's. Her vehicle's licence plate did not have the handicapped symbol of a wheelchair, nor did she have an accessibility permit displayed under a visor, or atop the dashboard. Fines issued by police are hefty. Most motorists avoid these parking spots, and recognize that they have a specific purpose.
         A "cellphone vigilante" videotaped this woman as she approached her Jeep; walking unassisted, and toting two carry-out paper cups from Timmy's. The witness asked her politely if she was handicapped, and her reply was, "No.", with added profanities. She enters her vehicle only to climb back out and hurl both of her newly purchased drinks at her 'nemesis', one at a time. Assault with a hot beverage? She was verbally threatening and foul-mouthed.
         The man who confronted her posted the video on-line where it didn't languish unnoticed. Sigh! Public shaming is now far-reaching. Her momentary lack of judgement, and inconsideration is extremely public, and it will never go away; it's immortal as only internet postings can be.
         On a lighter note, I wish I found myself in London, England this Easter holiday. Apparently, Carlsberg, the beer brewery, has created/commissioned the creation of a chocolate pub. It is a "pop-up pub" that will, understandably, exist for a brief time. The project took three months to build. It is titled, If Carlsberg Did Chocolate Bars, and all of it is edible. It was even wrapped in foil before its unveiling. There is a fully-functioning bar made of chocolate complete with chocolate bar stools. Lucky patrons will be offered a complimentary half-pint of cold Carlsberg served in a Carlsberg-engraved milk chocolate glass. Not that I like beer, but this would have been a fun experience; eating chocolate furniture. This is definitely better than the pickled eggs some pubs serve to patrons.

© Copyright 2016 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/877610-Internet-Indiscretion