*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/877079-No-More-Snow-and-Sleet
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#877079 added March 21, 2016 at 10:11pm
Restrictions: None
No More Snow and Sleet..
PROMPT: What is the best thing about spring?
         Winter is finally, at long last, in the rear view mirror. It's a memory guaranteed to fade into oblivion. No more snow, or sleet. YEAH!! I'm free to shed the extra weight I've been schlepping around for months; into storage go the parkas, the mukluks, the toques, the scarves, and the mittens. I feel so light and carefree when I venture outside to absorb the sunshine. My neighbours appear familiar again. During the long winter months, I could only identify them by their eyes; everything was muffled. I can wash all the grime from my vehicle without worry that the doors would freeze shut. OOhh, no more scraping ice from the windshield, or shivering in the car awaiting a defrost. None of this has to be planned, so my getaways are quicker.
         The days are now brighter and longer. I no longer rise in the dark and retire in the dark. Mornings and evenings are distinct. Oh, the melting snow reveals things once hidden; the snow shovel, the second set of car keys, coins, the car's snow brush.... Colour returns to grace the landscape. Grass and trees slowly green. Purple and yellow flowers peek out from the ground. Birds appear; fluttering and flitting about, whistling and chirping. Maple sap flows. The local lake and rivers beckon me.
         My family and I can indulge our love of camping. Soon, summer will arrive...

© Copyright 2016 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/877079-No-More-Snow-and-Sleet