*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/876832-Phoebe
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#876832 added March 18, 2016 at 2:54pm
Restrictions: None
Phoebe
PROMPT: Fun Fact Friday! On this day in 1899, Phoebe a moon of the planet Saturn was discovered. Visit FB Friends of Phoebe... Share a happy story. Bonus points for pink, purple, and cats.
         Phoebe loved sunsets. Every evening, different colours splashed themselves across the vast sky. She especially liked the cotton-candy pink clouds that floated forever. They reminded her of summer fairs spent spinning on the Tilt-A-Whirl; spinning so fast she became dizzy. Swaying high up on the giant Ferris Wheel, she could gaze down on the tiny, crawling people below her. They always made her giggle because they looked like scurrying ants. The heavenly smell of popcorn wafted around her in the warm breeze. Even when she squeezed her eyes shut, Phoebe could hear the hum and whirr of rides, the shouts and screams of daredevil riders, and the loud, tinkling music.
         Phoebe had learned that a purple, hazy sunset meant a storm was on its way. She didn't mind the rumbling thunder and the pouring , hissing rain. Rain had so many sounds. It could plop and pitter-patter. It could resemble running feet or deafening drums. The splorp sound made her laugh. It rolled off her tongue; splorp, splat, splash, splosh. slurp. Safe inside, Phoebe could snuggle under the warm quilts on her bed. She'd tried jumping and dancing in puddles once. She didn't like to get wet; water dripping in her eyes and ears was annoying. Her fur stuck to her body as if it had been glued there. Phoebe was a contented cat who preferred to be indoors. She only made exceptions when the fair rolled into town.

© Copyright 2016 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/876832-Phoebe