*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/876028-Questions
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#876028 added March 7, 2016 at 8:35pm
Restrictions: None
Questions?
PROMPT: Motivation Monday--- Bret Easton Ellis, an American author born on this day in 1964, once said, " I feel like I'm not smart enough to answer the questions I'm asked." Your thoughts?
          First off, I'm not familiar with this author and his works. Is his remark intended to be sarcastic, flippant, self-deprecatory, or self-aware? Is he insinuating that the people who question him are ignorant, shallow, and unworthy? Is he suggesting his own superior intellect? Does he like to mess with people and keep them guessing? Could he possibly be a modest man who believes he's no better than any one else? Has he doubts about his intelligence? Perhaps, he implies that there are no easy answers, and no one knows the truth?
         What are these questions being asked of him? Is his insight valuable? Do some consider him a guru? Do not all writers attempt to expose, explore, explain, and exemplify a myriad of subjects in their writing? Each writer has a unique angle, a differing presentation. We all play with language and nuance.
         Does B.E.E. speak to the struggle of a writer to be understood? Has he been queried about his motivation, his characters, his plots, and his settings? Is he attempting to deflect the questions?

© Copyright 2016 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/876028-Questions