*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/875847-Movie-Do-Over
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#875847 added March 5, 2016 at 8:10pm
Restrictions: None
Movie Do-Over?
PROMPT: Pick a movie and give it an ending you'd much rather watch.
          I'll admit I've viewed my fair share of movies, and in doing so I accept them as they are presented. The endings are set and unchangeable. Not all my questions are answered and the good guy doesn't always prevail. There's not always a happy ending either.
          I remember watching the movie, The Lovely Bones and it was a haunting tale of loss. Parents and family were left to mourn the disappearance of their teenage daughter. The deceased girl is the narrator of this story and she witnesses the aftermath of her death. No one is ever arrested or convicted for this crime. Her father and sister suspect a neighbour, but they lack definitive proof. A trunk hiding her remains is eventually buried and disposed of never to be found. The suspected neighbour , the girl's murderer, dies in a freak accident at the end of the movie never having been arrested.
         There were no answers for the grieving family. They never knew what had happened to their daughter, and they never had her body to lay to rest. They did not have justice or vengeance.
         'My' new ending for this movie would have the sister discover the trunk in the neighbour's basement, and force it open. She would phone her father with this startling news, and he in turn, would notify the police. After suitable forensic testing, the corpse would be positively identified as the missing daughter, and evidence would implicate the neighbour in her murder. The murdering neighbour would be convicted in a court of law and sentenced to a lifetime of imprisonment.
         I do understand that the original plot left much of this unresolved because that is the brutal reality for too many people. Not everything is neat and tidy. Answers are not always available.

© Copyright 2016 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/875847-Movie-Do-Over