*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/875529-March-2nd
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#875529 added March 2, 2016 at 3:46pm
Restrictions: None
March 2nd
I like that each day I get a fresh set of prompts to consider as I continue to try to blog/write/create each day. Some days however I find that I am so preoccupied with one thing that I have to purge it from my system first before I can write to the prompts. Today, in the wake of yesterday's Super Tuesday, I'm having a difficult time getting past a few things - mainly, the direction of the Republican party and my commitment to it in the face of Trump becoming the GOP candidate for President.

I know that personally, Trump does not represent my views and values as a woman, as a moderate conservative, as a humanitarian or as a Republican. As a party, I am increasing concerned that the Trump campaign and candicacy highlights an outdated, unappealing and out of touch sector of the Republican party...in plain terms, old and angry, uneducated white men who may or may not have racist tendencies. That appears to be whom Trump's messaging is attracting and that clearly, is not the best the Republican party has to offer. I'm beginning to wonder if this is a party for whom I am being alienated from, a party for whom I should be afraid, or in the very least, feel sorry for.


"Blogging Circle of Friends "
Day 2014: March 2, 2016
Since my short nap turned into an all night sleep. I am going to encourage everyone to write about the weather in their area.


This morning I saw a robin and even though I tend to be a winter person, I rejoiced! Thought it has been mild, this winter has been hard in other ways so I am eager to welcome the birth of Spring.

Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise"
Day 725 March 2. 2016
Prompt: Secrets. Write about them.


Secrets, for the most part, can be toxic. I try to be as open and upfront about mine as I can. Secrets never truly benefit anyone in the end.


© Copyright 2016 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/875529-March-2nd