*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/875428-To-Read-Or-Not-To-Read
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#875428 added March 1, 2016 at 2:52pm
Restrictions: None
To Read Or Not To Read
PROMPT: Tell us about the last book you've read or are currently reading. Would you recommend it?
          I'm a voracious reader who needs must step away from a book to attend to the everyday drudgery of my life. There are never enough free hours to devote to reading. Over the years, I've become a fast reader to optimize my time. I've never been someone who was lulled/bored/relaxed to sleep, so I try not to indulge myself with a book at bedtime. I can't fathom beginning a novel only to put it down. Many a night I've stayed awake to finish my book de jour. I'd rather sacrifice sleep than delay the discovery of the story's ending. Sometimes, I peruse the last few pages of a novel before I elect to read it. This might seem odd, but if I do not like the denouement, I will not read the preceding text.
         I learned from experience that it's not a wise choice to attempt to read while three young children and two dogs are left unsupervised. Barbequing is not a reader-friendly method of cooking either. The kitchen timer is a godsend, but only if its actually activated.
          The latest novel I enjoyed was titled 'Truth Or Die', and it was co-authored by James Patterson and Howard Roughan. It was a conspiracy, murder-mystery set in the United States. It could translate to an action movie quite easily. I will not divulge the plot; why ruin it for others? Okay... there's the underlying theme that we don't always know our loved ones as well as we thought we did. People can stun us; either for good or bad. Remember, 'never judge a book by its cover'.
          My hubby is a former competitive athlete; a doer, not a sitter. He never enjoyed reading in his youth; he related it to enforced school English classes. In the last few years, he has embraced the art, the hobby of reading, and he's surprised himself. The author that spurred this interest is James Patterson.
          Yes, I would recommend any of Patterson's books.

© Copyright 2016 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/875428-To-Read-Or-Not-To-Read