*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/875400-Blogs-and-Blanket-Statements
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#875400 added March 1, 2016 at 9:33am
Restrictions: None
Blogs and Blanket Statements
Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise
DAY 724 March 1, 2016
Prompt: Oscar Wilde says in his The Ballad of the Reading Gaol, “Each man kills the thing he loves.” What do you think he means?


I think Oscar Wilde was making a blanket statement about the human condition, about our incomprehensible habit of destroying those things that we hold the most dear. The person who holds the key to hurting us the most is always that person who holds our hearts the closest. I think many times in our quest to love and be loved, we also expose ourselves to a spectacular vulnerability and that is often an uncomfortable and unprotected place.


Blogging Circle of Friends
DAY 1203 March 1, 2016
Let's talk about our blogs.... Do you have commenting guidelines for your readers? Today is a great time to let them know the commenting policy for your blog (or set some new expectations).Would you read a personal blog without a comment section? How do you feel when a comment section is closed?


Today I just started a new blog on blogspot. Its a new venture for me, a little overwhelming but a good way for me to be more diligent in writing more. I am new to comments but I recognize the boost I get when someone reads and comments on my blogs. I've tried to make a habit of returning that favor when I can. I think comments are an important way we validate ourselves and others in our community. I think its important to be open to that forum and so having a closed comment section feels like something valuable is missing.

© Copyright 2016 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/875400-Blogs-and-Blanket-Statements