*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/874967-WDC--Write-DetailCapture
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#874967 added February 25, 2016 at 7:43pm
Restrictions: None
WDC ... Write, Detail.Capture?
Prompt: WDC Offers Each Of US OPPORTUNITIES To Grow IN Our chosen genre . Tell us how you discovered WDC and what your initial expectations were of the site. How long have you been a member? Do you feel your writing has grown in the time you've been here? And finally, do you have advice for newbies just discovering this site?
          I first found this site nearly two years ago, and it caught my eye as a Facebook feed. I was intrigued, so I visited the site, enrolled, and dove in head first. I already had a cache of my writing stored in my computer files, and I began to transfer my stories. I found contests to enter. I received reviews. I participated in reviewing offerings from other writers. It was all entertaining and informative.
         The different prompts are fun. They cause me to think. Entering the blogging challenge is a new venture for me. Every day I am accountable, and I'm committed to write/produce.
          To be honest, I had no preconceived expectations. This is the first and only writing site to which I subscribe. I 've never felt unwelcome.
          Yes, I am growing and learning constantly. Like most writers, I struggle to be more concise, and to show more than tell.
          Hmm, advice for newbies? Plunge right in, get your feet and head wet, participate, and don't take comments personally; develop a thick skin. Not everyone will understand or appreciate you, but they don't have to do that. The most important piece of advice: keep writing, don't give up. Don't forget that writers are observers; people watch for inspiration.

© Copyright 2016 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/874967-WDC--Write-DetailCapture