*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/874760-Reincarnation
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#874760 added February 23, 2016 at 8:35pm
Restrictions: None
Reincarnation?
PROMPT: We've all heard about bizarre occurrences. I am providing a link to one mystery and I would like to know your thoughts about. Do you think this is possible or a farce? www.realunexplainedmysteries.com/the-pollock-twins-after-death Reincarnation??
          No, I do not believe in reincarnation or past lives. I like to believe that each of us is a new, fresh life force with endless possibilities to learn and experience everything and anything. We are only connected to the past that existed before we were born by genetics. We are not re-living a life over and over. Our memories are unique to us and not inherited from the deceased.
         In this case of the Pollock family, I think the grieving parents saw and heard what they desperately wanted to see and hear. They suffered from survivor's guilt. I can't imagine outliving my children or 'losing' them in such a horrific and seemingly senseless manner. They mourn not only their daughters' deaths, but what might have been. Their future had changed; no pride at their offspring's expected successful careers, no rejoicing at perhaps becoming grandparents. They were no longer parents.
          Becoming parents again must have been overwhelming. They'd invested so much in the deceased daughters, and then they faced repeating the process, not knowing the outcome. What to avoid? What to do differently? What to chance again? They wanted their dead daughters to be remembered. They probably still had their belongings, mementos, and photos in the family home. They spoke of them, as did relatives, friends, and neighbours. Young children are sponges; they absorb so much. The twins would repeat what they'd heard, and talk about what they saw every day.
         Toddlers are learning to master speech, and often speak in generalities within the confines of their vocabulary. They are encouraged to talk more when adults listen and praise them. The grieving parents probably embellished what the twins actually said. I've known children to claim things that I know are not true or even plausible. They like to test the boundaries and gauge reactions. For instance, my nephew often spoke of an imaginary pal that had jumped from tall buildings with him, and raced snowmobiles across open water with him; Jimmy was five. My youngest granddaughter has always told tall tales; boys at school playing on the roof at recess, kids popping out their eyes, kids travelling alone to the big city and back in an hour, ( she lives a three-hour drive from that metropolis!)
          It was obvious to the twins that their parents missed their first daughters. Perhaps the parents tried to recreate what had once been. They expected and wanted similarities.
         Whether intentionally or subconsciously, the twins were subjected to certain expectations and fears. The deceased girls had created a precedent for the parents, something to compare to the twins' development.
         The idea of reincarnation is a coping mechanism; no one really is gone permanently, they live on in a new body. Death seems so final. No one wants to have lived in vain.

© Copyright 2016 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/874760-Reincarnation