*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/874509-Fly-Me-To-The-Moon
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#874509 added February 21, 2016 at 3:59pm
Restrictions: None
Fly Me To The Moon
PROMPT: In 1969, astronauts in Apollo 10 hear strange music while in orbit on the far side of the moon, and out of radio contact with earth. Write your own version of this.
          The above is simply explained. If earthlings or humanoids were travelling and exploring in space, so too were inhabitants of other worlds. All life forms are curious. All life forms roam beyond their borders. The Apollo 10 astronauts beamed the Frank Sinatra song, Fly Me To The Moon, back to earth. The lyrics and notes were heard by a passing space ship loaded with an alien family. With the aid of their electronic translator, which every experienced world wanderer never leaves home without, the family unit heard this; "Fly me to the moon, let me play among the stars, Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars."
          The incredulous teenagers in the backseat, yes, teens everywhere mock absolutely everything, hooted and hollered. They couldn't believe their ears. Who actually thought they could play amongst the stars? Stars moved at the speed of light, all willy-nilly. They were flaming and too hot to handle. And Spring on Jupiter and Mars? Oh, please, as if! Mars was uninhabitable, and it always snowed on Jupiter. Where were these creatures from?
          The two parental units in the front seat could only sigh and shake their heads. Hearing the haunting melody of another tune, the mother hummed along. "Moon River, wider than a mile: I'm crossin' you in style someday. Old dream maker , you heartbreaker, wherever you're goin' I'm goin' your way. Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see." Seeing their mother all misty-eyed, the boys snorted and crowed. "Gross! Gag me! What river? Who has ever seen a river on the dry old moon?"
         Hoping to drown out his sneering sons, the father and chauffeur turned up the onboard stereo. It was meant to be his weapon to combat boredom; the entertainment for all road trippers. He was under no illusion that his version of singing was music to anyone's ears; in fact, he knew his squawking irritated his offspring.
         Foregoing their squabbling, the tortured teenagers united to foil their father's unfortunate choice of 'noise'. Snatching the remote control, they punched in random numbers. The resultant screeching blasted beyond their packed portal.
         Back in Apollo 10, the astronauts heard the thumping of a heavy bass, and a high-pitched whining and whistling. Even in space, the chaos of teenagers cannot be contained.

© Copyright 2016 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/874509-Fly-Me-To-The-Moon