*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/874042-Edible
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#874042 added February 16, 2016 at 8:24pm
Restrictions: None
Edible?
PROMPT: Do you read food labels? Do you ever spend time researching some of the odd names they use to disguise the ingredients?
          I dutifully read the accompanying e-mail. While I found some of the ingredients a little gross, I wasn't completely surprised by them. Who of us hasn't eaten a certain amount of dirt and insects? Both of these are impossible to avoid. Not that I choose to willingly eat them, ,any number of people dine intentionally on insects. I don't believe any amount of spices, or chocolate, or dips could make them palatable.
          Many man made and processed foods contain cocktails of chemicals, chemicals with unappetizing names. I avoid sodas and energy drinks. For the most part, I cook with whole foods and I bake from scratch. I've been blessed with no food allergies.
         Just think of all the plants and animals that people have tasted over the years. Who first decided that onions, mushrooms, snails, and oysters looked delicious? Eating is a trial and error process.
          On a slightly different subject, I spotted a bottle of lycopene supplement pills for sale at a drugstore. There they were nestled amongst vials of vitamins. Lycopene occurs in tomatoes. I cannot fathom replacing my slice of tomato atop a burger with a pill. Most things are better experienced in their natural form.

© Copyright 2016 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/874042-Edible