*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873604-Roses
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#873604 added February 13, 2016 at 4:47pm
Restrictions: None
Roses
Prompt:
Roses: What Color Should You Give and How Many? Tell us about the first time you received roses or gave someone roses? How did you feel?


================

I can’t remember the first time because my family, the one I grew up in, is rose-crazy. Everyone gives roses to everyone, even to little kids after removing the thorns. Roses have a spiritual meaning to them.

My husband used to bring me pink roses at first. Then with the birth of our second son, they turned red. I never asked him the reason for the color change. I figure, better leave well enough alone. My second son’s birthday is February 12. While still in the hospital, he brought a large bouquet of red roses, causing other new mothers tease me with all kinds of jokes.

Now every year, I get red roses, not on Valentine’s Day, but on my son’s birthday. Go figure! Valentine’s Day, however, brings to his mind candy, which is usually chocolate which is for sharing. I am not complaining. *Laugh* Who’d complain of chocolate!

I guess all colors look good with roses. I like large bouquets with all colors in them. On the other hand, I know a woman who demands(!) one single red rose from her partner as a show of affection. As they say, to each her own.

Enjoy Valentine’s Day, tomorrow, everyone!

© Copyright 2016 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873604-Roses