*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873103-February-Prompt-3
by Jen~
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest Entry · #2073596
Blog for this groups entries~will probably be rather interesting!~
#873103 added March 1, 2016 at 5:10am
Restrictions: None
February Prompt #3
3. What's the key to repairing a broken or damaged relationship? Is there ever a point when a relationship is beyond repair?

Ahhh...this question makes me reflect on my past relationships. I was married to my kids dad for 11 years...after the first couple years things started to go south...when I had our youngest she was special needs and that was just the final straw to our marriage. I dealt with emotional, verbal and mental abuse..hearing that I am not smart, that I will never be a writer, that I am fat..blah blah blah..on and on! I finally decided I DID not want my kids to grow up thinking this was the way love worked. We tried, separation, and counseling before we divorced so that we could say that we did try everything. It was just best for us to part ways. I couldn't have made a better choice in life. My kids and I are super close and have amazing bonds and I have some pretty awesome kids! I have full custody of the kids and allow him to see them as often as he wants...which is only 4 days a month if that. His loss in my eyes!

I have had not just love relationships but friendships as well that have just been toxic. After you see the same thing happening over and over you have to get to a point when you know you cannot fix it, and move on. I am slowly learning to stop giving people so many chances and to stand up for myself. I need to focus on deleting stress from my life as I can stress all day everyday over ANYTHING! I can stress about stress...and when I have toxic relationships in my life it truly causes me a great deal of worry, nerves, anxiety and stress. It is unhealthy for me in so many ways. There are still some relationships that I have that I know are not fixable, by the other persons choices, yet I cannot just stop the relationship. Not yet anyway...but I am learning to not lay down and take the abuse anymore...slowly!


Loving my new fairies!!

© Copyright 2016 Jen~ (UN: jen2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jen~ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873103-February-Prompt-3