*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/872454-Canadian-Weather-is-Tough-to-Explain
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#872454 added February 2, 2016 at 8:25pm
Restrictions: None
Canadian Weather is Tough to Explain
         Prompt: Groundhog Day-What's your take on this day and the weather in general? Everyone talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it. What little secrets or inventions do you have to help you cope with inclement weather?
          Weather is inexplicble. It happens when, where, and how it wants. All we can do is accept, complain, or appreciate. It cannot please everyone. Someone is sweltering while another person is shivering.
         The Farmer's Almanac shares weather tales, weather fore casts, weather charts, weather anecdotes; in other words, farmers are obsessed with natural elements . One such legend bestows weather wisdom upon the rodent known as the groundhog. Many animals hibernate during winter; a smart way to endure the long, freezing months. Why elevate this particular animal to a revered status? At the moment, a groundhog bunkers down under my camper. I doubt he's losing sleep worrying about the imminent arrival of spring. At some point, he will sense that warmer temps. have arrived and he will venture forth to forage. He is well aware that he cannot foresee anything.
         The first days of February, snow ' s on the ground.
         People are bundled, muffled, and bound.
         Today it is chilly, tomorrow might rain; Canadian weather is tough to explain.
         I think Canadians love to discuss the weather. We joke about it, we moan and gripe, but we realize we have no choice, but to live with it. We are forced to be adaptable. Winter with its freezing sleet and snow is like a cantankerous relative; crotchety, annoying, and unavoidable.
         Fleece is a wonder material. It may be layered, it's snuggly, and it's available in a rainbow of colours and patterns. Bundled in it, I'm not only impervious, but I'm easily found in the whiteout of swirling snow. My wardrobe of fleece provides me with the opportunity to display my fun side; a SpongeBob jacket or a snowman torque prompt impromptu conversations with others.In this small way, I'm able to thumb my nose at winter.
         Another weapon in my winter arsenal is a retreat or escape to a tropical climate. For a brief time, I bask in balmy breezes and soak up some vitamin D.
         Reading is the ultimate escape, too. Immersion in a great book and a steaming cup of tea or hot chocolate make winter bearable. Baking is acceptable at this time of year also. The resultant extra padding serves as body insulation which is easily disguised under the layers of padded clothing.

© Copyright 2016 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/872454-Canadian-Weather-is-Tough-to-Explain