*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/872294-A-complete-understanding
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#872294 added February 1, 2016 at 8:36am
Restrictions: None
A complete understanding
There is no person living who does not have in himself a sufficiently clear conception of the

good and the meritorious.

Everyone understands intellectually what is right, but it is only when it comes to action that one invariably gets tempted to do the wrong.

This paradoxical confusion between one's ideology and one's actions become quite a big problem to all those who try to introspect and review themselves.

The same paradoxical situation is faced by Arjuna too when he enquires of Lord Krishna, thus, " What is the exact nature of this SATAN-in-our-bosom which loots away the good in us ".

Lord Krishna replies, " It is desire and anger which are all devouring ; know this as the foes here ". In the clash of existence, beings and circumstances may come between ourselves and the, " objects of our desire " and in such cases our desire impulses striking at the obstacle, gain the ugly look of wrath.

Unfulfilled desires lead to anger and anger leads to loss of reason and destruction. So this desire-anger emotion is the very Satan in us that compels us to compromise with our higher values.

A complete understanding of this phenomenon puts an individual on the right path.

© Copyright 2016 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/872294-A-complete-understanding