*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/871230-A-Tale-of-Loss
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#871230 added January 19, 2016 at 3:59pm
Restrictions: None
A Tale of Loss...
         The other day, I went looking for the Yahoo editorial comics page. Occasionally, I like to amuse myself with comics such as Shoe, Frank and Ernest, Off the Mark, Reality Check, Strange Brew, Herman, and, oh, so many others. As per habit, I clicked on the name of this site cached with my favourites, and, surprise, the Yahoo news page suddenly appeared. While I do peruse news stories I'd already satisfied that particular craving via MSN. Thinking this was just a computer glitch, a scrambling of signals, I again clicked on 'Yahoo editorial comics'. Huh, I was again served the main menu of Yahoo's news site.
         Hmmm, where were my desired comics? Scrolling and speed-reading led me to a comments section, or should I say complaints/venting forum. Surprise! Earlier this month, Yahoo opted to pull, cancel, discontinue the on-line sharing of comics. Nooooo.......What a shame! This had been a one-stop shop for my humour fix.
         Seeking a new supplier, I typed the specific words 'online comics' into my search engine and waited for my information train to deliver. Oh it offered me various and sundry goods, all right. Those rail lines veered off onto some crazy highway laden with mixed messages. There must have been a great deal of line-crossing and signal-scrambling. If it was a laugh I was seeking, I definitely found it. Sure, I was given a long list of comic options; the comic book kind, but at least that was in the general ball park. The options/possibilities that caught me off guard were these: The #1 Cougar Dating Site, Cougars Make Hooking Up Easy!, Lesbian Dating Canada, and, Dating@Match.com. I suppose someone in the dating/singles world has a sense of humour. Is this subliminal messaging at its most oblique? On-line dating equals comics?

© Copyright 2016 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/871230-A-Tale-of-Loss