*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/867181-Sticky-Stuff-and-TV-vs-Books
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#867181 added November 27, 2015 at 2:21pm
Restrictions: None
Sticky Stuff and TV vs Books
How do you walk the thin line with family when you really dislike one of your children's boy friend/girl friend choices? Do you tell the child involved what you see is happening to them or do you let them crash and burn on their own? Today, was the most difficult holiday I've had in many years. I have bitten my lip so much, it is swollen. I would really appreciate the advice.

Sticky stuff, here. Holidays are sometimes very difficult to handle. There's usually someone or some weird piece of conversation or gesture that gets us.

In this case, although your lip is swollen, I think you did the right thing. On the other hand, if the boyfriend/girlfriend is doing something really outrageous like being involved in crime or doing something that would hurt your child, you have the choice of counseling him in private, but only in private.

If he or she is just being obnoxious, has bad manners, and is not fitting in well with your family, then I think, it would be better that your son or daughter sees if for himself or herself.

*Bookopen*------*Bookopen*


Prompt: Reading a book and listening to a story is good entertainment. Does it take the place of TV Shows? Share your thoughts.

In my case, TV shows rarely take the place of reading a book or listening to a story. I would rather get lost in a well-written book than most of the TV shows that I consider crappy. If it were up to me, I would get rid of the TV altogether, but my hubby is a TV addict, and in old age, he has very few other pastimes, so I let him have his way while I am engrossed in a book.


© Copyright 2015 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/867181-Sticky-Stuff-and-TV-vs-Books