*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/867052-Textures
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#867052 added November 25, 2015 at 4:29pm
Restrictions: None
Textures
Prompt: Textures are everywhere. Rough edges of a stone wall. Touch of a baby's cheek. The sense of touch brings back memories for us. What texture holds special memories for you?

============

The texture of steam, hot, moist, rising. I try to hold it but it eludes me, like night dreams fading, but unlike words with different textures that I love to caress. Although sometimes, my words are prickly like steel wool, yet they topple crusted dirt and sunk-in pain.

Still, the smoothness of a kitten’s fur is a magnet for my touch, as it feels like velvet teeming with plushness in intensity and depth; now, after being spoiled with the grain of this fabric that seduces my sense of touch, I need something different, like water merging its song with the skin on my face, like mud I used to squish under my boots when I was a kid, like potato chips crispy and thin when I crunch them in between my teeth.

Textures, for me, beat in tune with time, holding memories of softening hearts and hardening hearts and landslides of feelings in closeness, while our lowered voices celebrate each breath.

© Copyright 2015 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/867052-Textures