*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/866900-Blind-Spots
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#866900 added November 23, 2015 at 10:54am
Restrictions: None
Blind Spots
Prompt: It is said that everything outside our warm, safe circle is our blind spot. Have you sometimes thought that you were blind to what was in front of your eyes?

*BookOpen*~~~~*Bookopen*


Yes, I was blind to what was in front of my eyes, and several times over. Yet, most of the time, I was blindsided by those inside my “so-called and should-be” “warm, safe” circle. That’s life, however, and everyone learns to live with it.

As such, life itself puts blinders on our eyes, so we can run like racehorses and never look back. If we do, we’ll fall and never make it to the finish line in one piece. Life works best when we can align our interior space with the exterior and fill the gap in between with love and forgiveness. Frankly, I take my own abilities in this with a grain of salt. *Laugh*

In the much larger sense if we take our warm and safe circle as our country, yes, everything that suddenly pops up outside of it and involves us somehow becomes our blind spot, only because we judge other countries according to the rules inside “our warm, safe” place. In these instances new experiences often warrant anxiety and doubt, some of it due to our one-sided perception. Others we need to be worried about and deal with proper action, and rightfully so, especially when our well-being is threatened.

© Copyright 2015 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/866900-Blind-Spots