*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/866688-PLORPSPLONK
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#866688 added November 20, 2015 at 10:07pm
Restrictions: None
PLORP,SPLONK...
         PROMPT: FUN FACT FRIDAY! On this day in 1986, the one billionth Little Golden Book was printed. The title was The Poky Little Puppy. Have you ever wanted to write a children's book? What would you write about? Would they be individual titles, or part of a series?
         Yes, I have considered writing a children's book, and to that end, I've composed some short stories and gathered bits and pieces for that purpose. Someday, I will write a tale about thumb suckers inspired in part by the song, 'I'm Gonna Soak Up the Sun'. The title will be 'I'm Gonna Suck My Thumb'. I've started another piece about playing in mud puddles in which I'd like to incorporate wonderful-sounding words like 'plorp', 'plip-plop', 'ker-splosh', and 'splonk'. For some reason, the lines want to rhyme: To jump in a puddle made of water and grime, is to create a 'muddle' of dark gooey slime. It's a work in progress, but here's the rest of it as it stands: The muddle ate our boots with a big swallow, now they're gone in the muck inside of a wallow. Our footprints are gone, too, we can't see where we've been. The ooey, gooey mud is all that can be seen.
         I must be channelling Dr. Seuss with another bit about the rain. The rain did not stop us, oh no, not at all. We did not want to sit, do nothing, and sprawl. So we grabbed an umbrella, our raincoats, and boots, and we burst outside to holler and hoot. Oh, that rain, how refreshing, how cool, and how wet. It dripped from our hats, from our hair, down our noses. It tickled down our backs, down our legs, to our 'toeses'.
         I think many kids like the ridiculous and the improbable. In my portfolio, there is a poem about a moose on a roof. The narrator/observer is a child that questions how the moose got up on the roof and why the moose is still there.
         To this moment, I have not considered a series, but, hey, anything is possible.

© Copyright 2015 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/866688-PLORPSPLONK