*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/865458-TWO-TYPES-OF-HUNGER-APPEASED-AT-ONCE
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#865458 added November 8, 2015 at 4:35pm
Restrictions: None
TWO TYPES OF HUNGER APPEASED AT ONCE?
Okay, time to catch up on my blogging. I just survived a two-day blackout. I had this particular post nearly complete and then suddenly a random ad pops up and my writing disappeared. Hydro restored, but now there are bugs?? ARRGGH! attempt #2...
         PROMPT: If you could fix any problem facing the world today, how would you do it?
         Hmmm, time to put on my thinking cap and ponder, ponder, ponder... Unfortunately, hunger does exist and is a very real dilemma for people. I've been blessed and I'm definitely well-fed.
         Frequently, I've donated food to my local food bank where those needing it are welcome to come and 'shop'. A Meals-On-Wheels program exists to deliver hot meals to those who are house-bound, mainly seniors. This is a government subsidized program, but the beneficiaries still pay a token sum. Local seniors are invited to attend a weekly meal at a restaurant and this is offered at a cost less than an average diner's meal. All of these programs provide food. I've volunteered at all of these off and on over the years.
         Many of these recipients are also lonely. They thrive on company, not just the food provided. Perhaps a venue that would permit the hands-on preparation of this food would be a wonderful idea. The poor, the elderly, and the handicapped could meet and cook together. Some people do not know how to cook or create meals. Some may believe that potatoes only come in the form of frozen french fries for instance and have never learned to handle them and make other edible dishes with them. To some people, cooking is an instant enterprise; something that comes pre-prepared in a box or tin. What's seasoning? What's slicing and dicing? They may never have learned to bake from scratch. Some eaters have never tasted anything new or different because they have not been exposed to anything other than the same old stuff.
         Buying pre-made food is expensive; that convenience comes at a cost. Learning to store and cook food would be cost-effective. There would be no social stigma if both the poor, the handicapped, and seniors met to create meals together. They could share their experiences and skills while benefitting each other. Perhaps two types of hunger appeased at once?

© Copyright 2015 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/865458-TWO-TYPES-OF-HUNGER-APPEASED-AT-ONCE