*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/865249-DOES-THE-PERFECT-AUTHOR-EXIST
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#865249 added November 5, 2015 at 8:41pm
Restrictions: None
DOES THE PERFECT AUTHOR EXIST?
         PROMPT: Pick 3 writers , two you've read as published authors and 1 from WDC. Construct your idea of 'The Perfect Writer' compiled of your favourite author traits.
         Ah, but does the 'perfect' author exist? Over the years, I've read so many books, and, admittedly enjoyed most of them. Do I even have a favourite?
         One of my 'newer' discoveries is a Canadian author, Louise Penny. I'm drawn to her writing because she creates believable characters. They seem to be composites of actual, living, breathing, complicated people. One of her subjects is a senior; out-spoken, unrepentant, crotchety, quirky, private but gleefully aware of gossip, and a gifted, published poetess. Ms. Penny writes poetry for this woman. Humour is woven into her stories, too.          
Another Canadian author I've always admired is Margaret Laurence. She too had the gift to create stories from everyday people and situations. She celebrated the hero in everyone.
         I confess that I have not read or followed any one writer at WDC. I've read bits and pieces here and there as I've reviewed writing. As of late, I've been perusing the blogs of my fellow challengers. I am drawn to a well-turned phrase and humour. This being said, I appreciate the 'funny' of bloggers Fivesixer, Brother Nature, and Skeasons. Not all writers can convey the silly, the ridiculous,or the sarcastic of life. Bravo!
         So, my ideal writer would have a humorous bent and create wonderful, complex characters.

© Copyright 2015 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/865249-DOES-THE-PERFECT-AUTHOR-EXIST