*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/865163-SHUFFLESHUFFLESTOMP
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#865163 added November 4, 2015 at 8:29pm
Restrictions: None
SHUFFLE,SHUFFLE,STOMP
         PROMPT: Imagine you're Cinderella and tell us how you danced at the ball.
         I've actually worn high heels and a hooped-skirt of a ball gown once, together, in the same room, at the same time, at a Halloween party many moons ago. This by no means qualifies me to be Cinderella or princess-y. As I recall, the bone bodice and wire hoop conspired against me. They never moved with me, they bustled me along. I was dragged within a flouncing, bouncing contraption.
         I teetered and tottered on the heels; I shudder to think what could've happened had they been made of glass. Glass on a dance floor? That would be like slipping and sliding on ice. So, if I was attempting to glide and swirl on a dance floor as Cinderella did, I'd ditch the ridiculous footwear. I learned from experience that my partners do not appreciate my stomping on their toes. If I was any further than an arm's length away we wouldn't technically be partners.
         I'm not exactly light on my feet or graceful. I'm more of a stumbler. The trouble is that my feet although they present as a pair do not act as a team. They cannot co-operate. For years, they've bickered over which one will take the first step and then who will follow. Sometimes, the second foot refuses to move at all. Occasionally, both feet take off in different directions at the same time, and, of course, neither of them goes anywhere. I may not be a dancer, but I think the right, left, and one step at a time thing is important; especially whilst dancing with a partner.
         I'm not a fan of the spinning and swirling. Dizziness and duelling 'dogs' are not a picturesque combination for a stately waltz. Perhaps, I could manage, dare I say finesse, a line dance. Shuffle, shuffle, stomp, sweep, step, toe, step. With a long, flowing ball gown my squabbling supports will be out of sight.
         If my foe-feet actually loosened up, I could probably bust a secret move. Under that immense hoop, I'd twerk and shake a skanky leg.

© Copyright 2015 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/865163-SHUFFLESHUFFLESTOMP