*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/865070-Imaginary-Friend
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#865070 added November 3, 2015 at 11:25pm
Restrictions: None
Imaginary Friend
Prompt: Many of us had imaginary friends as children. If your imaginary friend grew up beside you, what would his or her life be like today?

----------------------------

I was an only child. I did have an imaginary friend out of the blue when I was a toddler until maybe to the age of about three or four, but my mother worried about me having such a nonexistent friend or maybe about me losing it. So she made sure that the girl who lived at the end of our street about a year older than me came and played with me some of the time. I still wanted my imaginary friend more, but my mother told me he wasn’t real. So he disappeared into the blue from where he had come.

I do believe that imaginary friend is a part of me now. If he were to be alive today and separate from me, I wouldn’t know what his life would be like, but I somehow felt that my friend in my imagination to be always with me throughout my life, and any problem I had, he helped me to solve it if I slept on it.

It is well known that children play pretend games and interact with their toys as if they are alive. Some of the children also create an invisible friend through their imagination. Whatever we humans imagine is also a part of us, sometimes a part of us unknown even to ourselves. We writers know that when we freeflow. What pops up even surprises us.

Thus, an imaginary friend is just that: imaginary. If he were to come alive, his magic would be lost.


____________________

Mourning for an Angel

It was such a shock to learn about our dear friend SHERRI GIBSON 's passing. She was one of the jewels Writing.com was proud to have on its crown. Sherri was everyone's friend. She made all of us feel better about ourselves. I'll miss her greatly.


© Copyright 2015 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/865070-Imaginary-Friend