*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/864950-MUSIC-MEMORIES
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#864950 added November 2, 2015 at 9:39pm
Restrictions: None
MUSIC MEMORIES
         PROMPT: What's your go-to , adrenaline rush, good mood music?
         Well, before I get specific, I'll state that I enjoy many genres of music. Growing up, my parents were fans of classic country and western music, and so, I absorbed those lyrics. All I have to hear is a few familiar notes and the words come back effortlessly...."Oh the crystal chandeliers light up the paintings on the wall"...."I hear that train a comin', it's rollin' round the bend, and I aint seen the sunshine since I dunno when"...
         My Mom and Dad were kids of the fifties ,so, of course I know the great works of Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, and Buddy Holly to name but a few. I love listening to Sirius radio during long road trips. I can choose a decade and then sing along.
         I keep abreast of current music and its artists, too. Their names are too numerous to mention and if I attempted to list some I'd probably miss some, inadvertently. That would be a shame! Much of this music is catchy for dancing and belting out. This interest keeps me close to my granddaughters.
          My go-to,' mostest' favourite music is that from my childhood; the seventies. I still really, really like the piano and lyrics of Supertramp. Now I am humming the tune of Even In The Quietest Moments: "even in the quietest moments, I wish I knew what I had to do." Who doesn't remember The Logical Song? "When I was young it seemed that life was so wonderful, a miracle, oh it was beautiful, magical." Their lyrics seemed to make sense and roll off my tongue.
I also really, really enjoyed Queen. Their stuff was so dramatic and theatrical. Bohemian Rhapsody, We Will Rock You, and We Are The Champions are all classics.
         If I'm commemorating classics I must aknowledge Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin and Hotel California by The Eagles. Again, there's so many groups and their songs!
         Fleetwood Mac gave us great music to sing-a-long to such as Go Your Own Way. I like Elton John music.
         In the nineties, I discovered Meatloaf and his powerful ballads. He sang with such abandon and passion, plus theatricality. His Paradise By The Dashboard Light was a humorous take on teenage dating.
         When my three were kids, they especially enjoyed singing along to Jefferson Starship. That is the music they can hear and instantly recall the lyrics; "we built this city on rock and roll".

© Copyright 2015 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/864950-MUSIC-MEMORIES