*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/863796-THERES-NO-ESCAPING-POLITICS
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#863796 added October 22, 2015 at 9:10pm
Restrictions: None
THERE'S NO ESCAPING POLITICS
PROMPT: Politics
         First of all, I think the career of politician is a thankless one. It's impossible to please everyone. Placating, promising, pleading, pummeling, wheeling and dealing; it's all a shell game. Who influences who? Politicians agree to disagree. There will always be dissenters. There will always be those swayed by their own vested interests and greed.
          Here in Canada, we recently experienced a federal election which ushered in a change in party and a new prime minister. He is but one person, a figure head, a fall guy. He does not control anything. The majority decides policy. I exercised my right to vote and that single vote was tallied with others.
         I could not escape the campaigning which was not always clean and above board. There was ridiculous and unnecessary mud-slinging. When there are personal slurs how could a candidate possibly believe that voters will approve of this? Why in the world would I elect someone who promotes childish bullying? Why would I choose to follow the person who predicts ridiculous outcomes? Who can see the future and assume what may happen? This is fear-mongering. Trust me because you the potential voter can't possibly understand the issues,just your fears. If I tell you this is wrong, it must be. Yeah..let's blindly, obediently follow the loudest, most persistent.
         The amount of money spent on campaigning and elections is a shame, especially when an early election is called. While in election mode, not much actual governing is happening.
         I gloss over political news; most of the time it seems like propaganda or soap opera fodder. Maybe it's the readily and instantly available media attention that's too blame. Scandal seems to titillate. Let's highlight the sad and ugly.
         Democracy isn't always pretty, but it sure beats a dictatorship. Freedom of speech, freedom to vote, freedom to question and oppose, freedom to live a peaceful life, it all has a price, a price I can live with. I vote in the hope that some good may occur. I suppose I haven't escaped politics entirely.

© Copyright 2015 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/863796-THERES-NO-ESCAPING-POLITICS