*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/863000-Awwww-Those-Arrays-of-Books
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#863000 added October 15, 2015 at 3:34pm
Restrictions: None
Awwww, Those Arrays of Books!
Prompt: What books do you have on your shelf that you haven't read, yet? What books do you hope to reread?

=============


If the question is for in-print-on-paper books, I have on the immediate list, Milan Kundera’s The Festival of Insignificance and May Sarton’s Journal of a Solitude. Then as the third immediacy, The Portable Faulkner is on the shelf just for skimming through, since this book has pieces of Faulkner’s work. Although I have read most of it, I am curious to look through this compilation and remedy what I have missed reading.

Even more immediate than those, waiting in my computer, is StephBee’s Windsor Diaries 4: A princess is Always Right, which I promised to read.

Then I have close to two-thousand e-books in my e-readers. For those, I’ll need another lifetime or two. Yet, among them, are at least a hundred that I paid good money for and I’m eager to get to. Then I have many classics I downloaded from Gutenberg.com. I’d like to read or reread.

As to rereading, I am not much in the habit of it. Yet, some of the classics that I read 50-60 years ago, I’d like to look through again. And also, I’d like to read the Outlander series, slowly. The stories have so much exciting action in them that the curiosity makes a reader rush through the beautiful passages, and there are hordes of those beauties. The last time I read the series, I dashed through those books with my half-cooked speed-writing skills, and I didn’t stop to enjoy the beauty of Diana Gabaldon’s writing, especially in the earlier books.

My gluttony with book hoarding makes me embarrassed, if not in front of anyone else but myself, when I look in my internal mirror. In fact, I am a spendthrift when it comes to anything else but books. With books, I am a gluttonous nut.

© Copyright 2015 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/863000-Awwww-Those-Arrays-of-Books