*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/862928-TOUCH-Both-Physical-and-Emotional
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#862928 added October 14, 2015 at 8:05pm
Restrictions: None
TOUCH: Both Physical and Emotional
         TOUCH: physical/emotional
         The word 'touch' features in many sayings. "She or he's touched" insinuates that a person is mentally unstable. Someone who is blessed and perhaps miraculously saved is known as "touched by an angel". A successful figure may be described as having " the golden touch" or "the Midas touch". To be viewed as a person with "the magic touch" means one has luck or good fortune. People with special affinities for animals have been nicknamed "horse whisperer" or "cat whisperer".
         Who wouldn't prefer and better appreciate a medical professional with a "light touch" when it comes to receiving injections and vaccinations? Remember the song, "Can't Touch This"? Even toilet paper commercials plead with us to "feel the softness".
         Physical touch has so many nuances, both good and bad. Caresses, strokes, massage, and hugs convey caring. Slaps, strikes, pinches, pokes, and jabs inflict injury and pain, physical pain. Our sense of touch permits us to distinguish between heat and cold, soft and hard, smooth and rough. Injuries to our bodies leave visible, tangible marks; burns, scars, abrasions and contusions.
         Our egos, our feelings, and our memories may also be scarred and bruised. Emotional pain is every bit as sharp as physical pain. Both cause us to weep, scream, lash out, curse, blame, worry, suffer, stumble, and limp. They are often inseparable and inter-dependent.

© Copyright 2015 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/862928-TOUCH-Both-Physical-and-Emotional